|This article is about a/an series entry (the 2nd) in the Garo franchise.|
Following on from GARO and Garo: Red Requiem Makai Senki follows the continuing adventures of Kouga Saezima as he is promoted to being the Makai Knight to the Senate and how he tries to avoid an untimely demise after being marked by the Seal of Destruction by the series antagonist. Unlike the previous series, several episodes focus solely on Rei.
Subplots to the series concern Kouga's slow-boiling romantic relationship with Kaoru who is trying to get her first picture book published while Kouga tries to keep his seal a secret from her, Rei/Zero having also been marked with the seal and a possible resurgence in his friendly rivalry with Kouga, and the identity of the series antagonist, a red-masked Makai Priest who "seals" Kouga and Rei as part of his effort to destroy all of the Makai Knights and make the Priests dominant again.
Also introduced is the Makai Senate, which heads the Makai order and therefore over-rules the Watchdogs shown in the previous series. The senate includes Grace, a high ranking Makai Priestess and gives out orders in place of the Watchdogs and Kouga's new partner Leo Fudou, a kind hearted Makai Priest and creator of the Gouryu previously seen in the film Red Requiem. Leo is also seen to be troubled by memories of a woman (known as Mio) from his past, whom Kaoru reminds him of.
|Garo||Taiga Saezima ► Kouga Saezima|
- Main article: List of Garo: Makai Senki Episodes
- Street Light
- Trump Card
- Demon Sword
- Enduring Water
- Red Brush
- Sworn Friends
- Garo Special My Name is Garo: The History of Kouga Saezima's Battles
- Kouga Saezima (冴島 鋼牙 Saejima Kōga?): Ryosei Konishi (小西 遼生 Konishi Ryōsei?)
- Kaoru Mitsuki (御月 カオル Mitsuki Kaoru?): Mika Hijii (肘井 美佳 Hijii Mika?)
- Leo Fudou (布道 レオ Fudō Reo?), Sigma Fudo (布道 シグマ Fudō Shiguma?): Ozuno Nakamura (中村 織央 Nakamura Ozuno?)
- Rei Suzumura (涼邑 零 Suzumura Rei?): Ray Fujita (藤田 玲 Fujita Rei?)
- Tsubasa Yamagatana (山刀 翼 Yamagatana Tsubasa?): Shouma Yamamoto (山本 匠馬 Yamamoto Shōma?)
- Wataru Shijima (四十万 ワタル Shijima Wataru?): Kenji Matsuda (松田 賢二 Matsuda Kenji?)
- Jabi (邪美?): Yasue Sato (さとう やすえ Satō Yasue?)
- Rekka (烈花?): Mary Matsuyama (松山 メアリ Matsuyama Meari?)
- Shiguto (シグト?): Masahiro Kuranuki (倉貫 匡弘 Kuranuki Masahiro?)
- Gonza Kurahashi (倉橋 ゴンザ Kurahashi Gonza?): Yukijirō Hotaru (螢 雪次朗 Hotaru Yukijirō?)
- Grace (グレス Guresu?): Yuriko Hishimi (ひし美 ゆり子 Hishimi Yuriko?)
- Gigi (ギギ?): Hiromi Eguchi (江口 ヒロミ Eguchi Hiromi?)
- Madō Ring Zaruba (魔導輪ザルバ Madōrin Zaruba?, Voice): Hironobu Kageyama (影山 ヒロノブ Kageyama Hironobu?)
- Madō Necklace Silva (魔導具シルヴァ Madōgu Shiruva?, Voice), Madō Mirror Uruba (魔導具ウルバ Madōgu Uruba?, Voice), Madō Ring Eruba (魔導輪エルバ Madōrin Eruba?, Voice): Ai Orikasa (折笠 愛 Orikasa Ai?)
- Horror (ホラー Horā?, Voice), Heroic Spirit of Garo (英霊牙狼 Eirei Garo?, Voice): Rintarō Nishi (西 凛太朗 Nishi Rintarō?)
- Opening themes
- "GARO -MAKAI SENKI- with JAM Project"
- "Waga Na wa Garo" (我が名は牙狼? "My Name Is Garo")
- Ending themes
- "PROMISE ~Without you~"
- to be added
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 我が名は牙狼 - TV特撮ドラマ『牙狼＜GARO＞～MAKAISENKI～』 - JAM Project | Lantis web site. Lantis. Retrieved on 2011-12-13.